The IndirecTrans Network was set up in 2016 under the IndirecTrans 2 project. It brings together researchers with expertise in different languages, cultures and research interests, working towards a better understanding of the practice of indirect translation.
The network’s main goal is to:
- overcome fragmentation and contribute towards a long term, durable integration of (excellent but dispersed) research capacities
- maximise complementarities and synergies between network members
- accelerate the generation of new knowledge on indirect translation
- conceive and implement research projects
- secure funding for research on indirect translation.
At present the network brings together 21 researchers from 12 countries. See the graph below for details on network distribution.